Each Summer I search out to see what would be interesting and fun to make and sell for the holidays. Below is a beautiful coconut and cocoa butter lotion bar recipe. Follow it to the letter for beautiful Coconut and Cocoa Butter lotion bars.
Add Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter and Beeswax in a clear glass (microwave & oven safe). Stir occasionally until it is fully melted, then remove from the microwave. If you are adding essential oils or vitamin E, allow the mixture to cool a little before mixing them in and pouring the liquid in to your molds.
I know you will enjoy making these lotion bars for yourself friends and, family. These make great gifts during this holidays.
Cynthia L. Hill,
1 CUP=(8 OZ.) Organic Beeswax
1 CUP=(8 OZ.) Organic Cocoa Butter
1 CUP=(8 OZ.) Organic Coconut Oil
1 Teaspoon Orange Essential Oil (or, your choice of scent).
1 Tablespoon Organic Honey (optional)
1 teaspoon of colorant (preferably Mica colorant of your choice).
- In a double broiler, melt together the beeswax, Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil until they become smooth, uniform liquid.
- Turn the heat off and add the essential oil and honey.
- In a muffin tin line with five cupcake liners (reusable silicone works great) Next, ladle the uniform mixture evenly inside the lined cupcake wells.
- Allow to setup (harden) on counter top for 5-8 hours (or, pop in the refrigerator (undisturbed) to speed up the process for 1 hour.
- this recipe makes (12) 2.oz. lovely lotion bars.
To learn more about classes and more ‘How to Recipes” click on our “classes and workshops’ tab on the first webpage.